It leads our guiding principles. It defines our innovation to address new opportunities and solve real problems, anticipating ones customers don’t even know they have. It drives who and how we hire – to create world-class products and experiences that help businesses and financial institutions pay and get paid.
The Senior Legal Associate reviews legal and non-legal invoices on behalf of our customers for services provided to insurance carriers and corporate legal departments. The Senior Legal Associate will conduct a compliance review of customer-specified billing guidelines and/or Generally Accepted Principles and Standards (“GAPS”). He/she must have both excellent analytical and oral and written communication skills, with an aptitude and willingness for ongoing learning.
- Understand and apply appropriately customers’ legal billing guidelines and standards while auditing legal and vendor invoices.
- Effectively manage invoice volume and workflow in accordance with customer standards.
- Work independently to finalize and approve legal invoices for payment.
- Consistently meet quality performance standards for invoice review.
- Work with other team members to jointly meet team review goals.
- Assists with implementing/managing complex workflows, invoice routing, and unique customer program requirements.
- Demonstrates exceptional production and workflow management.
- Performs all the above functions in addition to assigned Legal Associate tasks and responsibilities.
- Communication: Excellent spoken and written English comprehension.
- Technical Skills: Standard computer skills and ability to become proficient in Bottomline’s legal spend management applications.
- Decision making: Exercises independent judgment based on training, data, and information available and assumes responsibility for decisions.
- Quality: Ensure accuracy, completeness, and quality of work.
- Ethics: Ability to work with and for other team members in a culture of collaboration.
- Teamwork: Ability to work in a team environment, take feedback positively and support team members in sharing knowledge and work assignments.
- Experience working in insurance litigation and/or legal spend management.
- Experience working as part of a global team.
- Experience working in a remote setting.
Education And Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Legal Associate in insurance litigation, costs law, or as a Legal Expense Auditor.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law (LLB/LLM) or equivalent.
To apply for this Job : Click Here