UnitedLex is the go-to leader in optimizing legal and accelerating business through digital agility. The world’s most forward-thinking businesses, law departments, and law firms rely on the company’s expertise in over 25 global jurisdictions. Founded in 2006, the team includes 3,000 legal, engineering, and technology professionals with major operations in 18 countries.
- Understand client requirements and expectations and cascade within the team.
- Build a strong working relationship with clients based on faith, trust, and performance. Robust daily interaction with clients – calls, video calls, in person (when possible).
- Ensure a zero-surprise and accountable relationship with clients.
- Ensure compliance with client contracts and exceed client expectations.
- Lead between 5 and 30 team members performing various contracting activities from pre-signature to post signature, and from low to high complexity tasks.
- Develop strong team ethos and a cohesive group by providing leadership and driving teams towards unified goals and objectives.
- Own and progress career paths and goals of team members in both personal development and domain development.
- Develop effective succession plans – grow people downwards up. Hire at the entry level and fill top levels with existing resources by ensuring they have clear growth trajectories and development markers and are readily advancing at both professional as well as domain expertise levels.
- Ensure excellent people retention outcomes.
- Own SLAs and KPIs and ensure 100% delivery of committed performance metrics.
- Ensure people metrics and performance tracking is maintained 100%.
- Conduct critical or complex transactions encompassing contract review and analysis, drafting, negotiations and facilitating favourable outcomes for the client.
- Track workload and ensure timely delivery by skillfully utilizing resources to accomplish production targets.
- Derive, validate, and implement Process Improvements to increase team efficiencies.
- Provide supportive environment by securing necessary resources and removing hurdles towards effective working.
Domain And Transition Management
- Develop the domain expertise levels of team members in a structured and planned manner through training.
- Follow Train the Trainer programs arranged internally and externally.
- Create, develop, and update Knowledge Management tools – SOP, Playbooks, Clause Libraries, FAQ documents, governance plans, etc.
- Train and mentor team members to enhance their domain skills.
- Engage and educate clients on newer domain learnings and help determine future needs and implement client strategy proactively.
- Track group wage costs and ensure all hiring is done within prescribed ranges.
- Ensure smart and optimum utilization of resources to deliver high quality of services and convert productivity gains into P&L savings.
Job Experience And Requirement
- 7 to 8 years of relevant post qualification experience with preferably at least 2 years of team management experience.
- Job experience:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in identification, analysis and mitigation / implementation of contractual risks / opportunities; drafting, vetting, reviewing/redlining, and negotiating mid to high complexity and high value commercial contracts independently.
- Clear understanding of the legal, business, and financial terms specific to client’s line of business and ability to do issue-spotting in various types of contracts.
- Ability to negotiate over the various media (E-mails, web-conferencing, con-call).
- Ability to be first level resolution provider to counterparty redlines before reaching out to client GC office for consultation on clause applicability and response.
- Work with client GC office to resolve issues, develop efficient negotiation strategies and update and maintain playbooks and procedures.
- Domain Areas:
- Commercial and IT contracting – SaaS agreements, software licensing, subcontracting, reselling; procurement contracts, Joint Technology Development contracts, Consortiums, RFPs, NDAs, Master Services Agreements, Statement of Work, Amendments and Schedules.
- Financial contracting – Syndicated Loans Master Agreements, Credit Agreements, Restructure Support Agreements, Financial NDAs for Syndicated Loans – Secondary and Distressed Trades, Proceeds Letters, Sanction Letters.
- Communications Skills:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to express ideas in a crisp and precise manner.
- Ability to articulate and lead conversations through preparedness and anticipation.
- Good listening skills: allowing everyone in the team the room to participate and challenge thoughts and ideas.
- Education Qualifications:
- Graduate or postgraduate in Law.
- Any technical accreditations like Company Secretaryship, PMP certification or Six Sigma certifications will be an advantage
To apply for this Job : Click Here