TIMES NETWORK, is part of India’s largest media conglomerate, The Times Group. It houses upscale brands including; TIMES NOW – India’s No. 1 English News channel, ET NOW – A News channel that helps you RISE WITH INDIA ; Mirror NOW – A news channel that solely focuses on the issues that impact YOU everyday; MOVIES NOW and MOVIES NOW HD – India’s leading English Movies channel; MN+ – The Gold class of Hollywood; Romedy NOW and Romedy NOW HD – a unique destination for Love and Laughter; Zoom – India’s No. 1 Bollywood channel and the latest addition to the English Entertainment Cluster is MNX and MNX HD – The new age Hollywood channel for Young India. The network delivers segmented and differentiated content under one umbrella. It informs, entertains and engages over 100 million urban affluent viewers in India and is available in over 100 countries across the globe.
Area of Responsibility
Description of Responsibility
1: Company Secretarial Functions for:
- Overall responsibility of a Company Secretary under the Companies Act, 2013 and to advise on the company secretarial related matters from time to time.
- Preparation of Notices, Agenda and working papers for Board meetings and Annual General meeting/Extra-ordinary general meeting and related compliances
- Keeping minutes, filing of forms and ensuring compliances under Corporate Laws as applicable.
- Preparation of Power of Attorneys, Authorizations, monitoring the same, interacting with external parties on revocation of POAs etc.
- Statutory Filings and other compliances – MCA/SEBI/RBI
- Corporate Governance
- Maintenance of Statutory records and documents and compliance with all other applicable company law requirements.
2 : Legal
- Manage the legal operations related to the business, including transactions related to acquisition/production side as well as licensing/sale/distribution side.
- Provide legal advice to the business teams on day-to-day issues, especially in relation to risk and steps for mitigating such risks.
- Assist Business Teams in providing legal support on contractual matters, for all business and business support departments.
- Engage with clients, vendors and external parties for discussions on legal aspects as required.
- Interact with lawyers/counsels to obtain opinions/advices etc. as and when required.
- Keep track of regulatory and legal environment concerning the business, analyze impact of changes and accordingly update the management. formulate processes/advisories to enable the Company to carry out its business/transactions in compliance with law.
- Help the management in making representations to the concerned Govt. department/ministry as and when there are any regulatory/legal/policy changes that are happening or have happened and has impact on the Company.
3: Contract Management:
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts;
- Proactive approach;
- Continuous endeavour to improve and improvise standard templates;
- Research and Implement best practices to enhance effectiveness.
- TnCs’ for various contests conducted on the TTN Channels
- Catering to all legal requirements of the channel Zoom which includes drafting contracts for consultants, music and content acquisition, content production.
- International Syndication, Opinion and advice on use of content and third party IPR
- Qualified Company Secretary from ICSI and a degree in law (LLB)
To apply for this Job : Click Here