Established in 1897, the Godrej Group has its roots in India’s Swadeshi movement. Our founder, Ardeshir Godrej, lawyer-turned-serial entrepreneur failed with a few businesses, before he struck gold with the locks business that you know today. One of India’s most trusted brands, with revenues of USD 4.1 billion, Godrej enjoys the patronage of over 750 million Indians across our consumer goods, real estate, appliances, agri and many other businesses. You think of Godrej as such an integral part of India that you may be surprised to know that over 25 per cent of our business is done overseas.
Your Roles & Responsibilities
- Main role of the job is to work on contract drafting, litigation management, legal advisory, compliance and knowledge management.
- A candidate must be an expert in drafting various contracts such as procurement contracts, outsourcing contracts, property related contracts including conveyance and leave & licence, distributor contracts, contracts with IT services provides, financial facility contract etc.
- Experience of handling cases before Supreme Court, High Courts, Civil Courts, Consumer Forums etc. is necessary. A candidate should be able to instruct the lawyers and interact with the senior counsels.
- A candidate must be able to advise various business teams on various issues including employment and labour issues, consumer complaints, real estate issues etc. A candidate must have experience of ensuring organisational compliance of various laws and good governance practices, including anti-bribery and anti-competition practices.
- A candidate should be able to summarise and make presentations on important legal developments including judicial pronouncements, passing of new law etc for briefing to the senior management and or business teams.
- A candidate must have thorough knowledge of commercial, civil, property, consumer and labour laws including Contract Act, Companies Act, Transfer of Property Act, Legal Metrology Act, Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Consumer Protection Act, Factories Act, Industrial Disputes Act etc.
- Good to have but not a must: Exposure to work on legal assignments in common law countries, dealing with FMCG or manufacturing industry, M&A transactions.
Experience: 7-11 years of excellent track record of working with a reputed law firm or legal department of a large organization .
- A candidate must have excellent analytical skills and drafting skills.
- Candidate should have a good grasping, strong desire to learn and time sensitivity.
- Must be a good team player.
- This position requires a lot of interaction with internal stakeholders at various levels of the organisation and external stakeholders (including customers, government offices, lawyers and industrial forums etc). Hence, having excellent written and spoken communication skills is a must.
- Ability to solve problems through understanding of the business context
- Influencing – Ability to work with a diverse group of people across businesses and independently
To apply for this Job : Click Here