Godrej Industries Ltd is a holding company for a few associated companies of Godrej Group. Godrej Group, established in 1897, has crossed Indian boundaries, with operations in Asia, Africa and Latin America, which are the key focus international markets outside India. Today, the Godrej Group enjoys the patronage of 1.1 billion consumers globally across consumer goods, real estate, appliances, agriculture and many other businesses. With a revenue of over USD 4.1 billion the Godrej Group is growing fast, and have exciting, ambitious aspirations. To find out more, explore www.godrej.com
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Main role of the job is to work on contract drafting, litigation management, legal advisory, compliance and knowledge management.
- A candidate must be an expert in drafting various contracts such as procurement contracts, outsourcing contracts, property related contracts including conveyance and leave & licence, distributor contracts, contracts with IT services provides, financial facility contract etc.
- Experience of handling cases before Supreme Court, High Courts, Civil Courts, Consumer Forums etc. is necessary. A candidate should be able to instruct the lawyers and interact with the senior counsels.
- A candidate must be able to advise various business teams on various issues including employment and labour issues, consumer complaints, real estate issues etc. A candidate must have experience of ensuring organisational compliance of various laws and good governance practices, including anti-bribery and anti-competition practices.
- A candidate should be able to summarise and make presentations on important legal developments including judicial pronouncements, passing of new law etc for briefing to the senior management and or business teams.
- A candidate must have thorough knowledge of commercial, civil, property, consumer and labour laws including Contract Act, Companies Act, Transfer of Property Act, Legal Metrology Act, Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Consumer Protection Act, Factories Act, Industrial Disputes Act etc.
- Good to have but not a must: Exposure to work on legal assignments in common law countries, dealing with FMCG or manufacturing industry, M&A transactions.
Experience: 7-11 years of excellent track record of working with a reputed law firm or legal department of a large organization .
- A candidate must have excellent analytical skills and drafting skills.
- Candidate should have a good grasping, strong desire to learn and time sensitivity.
- Must be a good team player.
- This position requires a lot of interaction with internal stakeholders at various levels of the organisation and external stakeholders (including customers, government offices, lawyers and industrial forums etc). Hence, having excellent written and spoken communication skills is a must.
- Ability to solve problems through understanding of the business context
- Influencing – Ability to work with a diverse group of people across businesses and independently
To apply for this Job : Click Here