Established in 1897, the Godrej Group has its roots in India’s Swadeshi movement. Our founder, Ardeshir Godrej, lawyer-turned-serial entrepreneur failed with a few businesses, before he struck gold with the locks business that you know today. One of India’s most trusted brands, with revenues of USD 4.1 billion, Godrej enjoys the patronage of over 750 million Indians across our consumer goods, real estate, appliances, agri and many other businesses. You think of Godrej as such an integral part of India that you may be surprised to know that over 25 per cent of our business is done overseas.
- Main role of the job is to work on litigation management, legal advisory, drafting contracts, compliance and knowledge management.
- Experience of handling cases before Supreme Court, High Courts, Civil Courts, Magistrates and Consumer Forums etc. is necessary. A candidate should be able to provide strategic inputs, case law research and coordinate with internal and external stake holders to handle the cases. A candidate should be able to instruct the lawyers and interact with the senior counsels.
- A candidate must have some experience of drafting various contracts such as procurement contracts, outsourcing contracts, property related contracts including conveyance and leave & license, distributor contracts, contracts with IT services provides, financial facility contract etc.
- A candidate must be able to advise various business teams on various issues including employment and labour issues, consumer complaints, real estate issues etc. A candidate must have experience of ensuring organizational compliance of various laws and good governance practices, including anti- bribery and anti-competition practices.
- A candidate should be able to summarize and make presentations on important legal developments including judicial pronouncements, passing of new law etc for briefing to the senior management and or business teams.
- A candidate must have thorough knowledge of commercial, civil, property, consumer and labour laws including Contract Act, Companies Act, Transfer of Property Act, Legal Metrology Act, Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Consumer Protection Act, Factories Act, Industrial Disputes Act etc.
- Good to have but not a must: Exposure to work on legal assignments in common law countries, dealing with FMCG or manufacturing industry, M&A transactions.
To apply for this Job : Click Here