Godrej Properties is among the fastest growing real estate companies in India, having grown by a CAGR of 20% by booking value in the last 5 years and earned the distinction of being the largest listed real estate developer in India for last two financial years (FY2018 and FY2019). We aim to accelerate this momentum further over next few years and are looking for motivated individuals to be a part of our growth story.
Godrej Properties has a unique Joint Venture based development model which helps us to keep an asset light balance sheet, thereby mitigating financial risks associated with a debt heavy structure, supports independent scale-up of local operations across various geographies and create a strong business development pipeline.
Your Roles & Responsibilities
Particulars of the Vacancy
Candidate Profile (Requirement Specification)
Type Of Experience
- Coordinate withlegalconsultants,drafting&executionofvarious pleadings including but not limited to applications, suits, reply, rejoinder, affidavits, evidence, appeal, counter affidavit etc. before appropriate court of law,
- Supportother departmentsandInterface withcontractualpartners,
- Prepare strategy to effectively manage the litigation of the zone at all the forums i.e. consumer courts, RERA, High Court, Supreme Court
- proficiencyin useof MicrosoftOfficeandMicrosoftOutlook,goodknowledge ofrealestate laws, RERA laws, consumer laws, CPC, CrPC, Indian Evidence Act, IPCandbestindustrypractices,
- Abilitytoworkhardandrespondwithintightdeadlines,strongemphasisongood quality, timely and well-presented document, strong ability to plan,multi-taskandorganizeroutinework,
Necessary Skills Sets And Desirable
Applicants should have completed LLB from a reputed institute with 5-7 years relevant experience. Preference will be given to candidates having experience in real estate litigation.
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating with external legal consultants in managing the litigation of the Company including but not limited to customer and contractor litigation.
Indicative Performance Measures
- Bills and payments
- Negotiates and VerifiesSolicitor/Advocates’billsandensuretimelyprocessingofbills
- Litigation Management
- Managing the entire litigation of GPL at North Zone including but not limited to Consumer courts, RERA, High Court and Supreme Court
- Managing the entire contractor disputes / litigation at all the forums including arbitration
- Managing the entire criminal proceedings, police complaints, department complaints etc. filed against the Company
- Updating the management on a regular interval about the cases of the Company and the strategy being prepared to take care of the litigation
- Preparing the litigation strategy with external counsels
- Appearance before various courts, police authorities, departments etc.
- Preparing drafts and vetting all the court filings for all customer and contractor disputes
- Legal support in Society/Association formation
- Executes all legal formalities for the formation of Society/Association e.g
- Complete registration process of the society/association/ drafting the conveyance /Sales deeds/Lease deeds.
- Interact with the Society/Association for finalization of respective deeds.
- Legal Advisory support
- Provides required documents to customers such as documents required during filing for housing loans/ addition of name of spouse/ transfer of property to another buyer
- Advises customer on stamp duty and other relevant regulations.
- Provide timely advise to other departments on concerns/queries having a legal impact
- Examine contracts made by Contracts team to provide legal controls and checkpoints
- Generate a knowledge repository for updates on laws, regulations, ordinances, by- laws relating to real estate industry and make the same available to the team.
To apply for this Job : Click Here