Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way – including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing all types of transactions;
- Software technology agreements, master service agreements, syndication agreements, mobile technology agreements, value added services agreements,
- Procurement agreements and services agreements.
- Prior experience in drafting, negotiating digital rights and technology contracts.
- Drafting of pleadings – writ petitions, plaints, complaints, written statements, company petitions, appeals, revisions, winding up petitions, statements of claim etc. before trial courts, High Court(s), Supreme Court;
- Assist in strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the company
- Research and analysis of various policies, amendments, bills, consultation papers, notifications, on corpoate law matters.
- Timeline adherence for assignments handled
- Ability to coordinate across various functions to ensure completion and compliance.
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to all corporate and contractual issues, inter alia, under contract law, IPR laws, etc.
- LLB from a Premier Law College. LLM from a reputed University would be a plus but not a must.
- Preferably in Telecom, IT, ISP or Broadcasting Sector.
Knowledge And Skills
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to corporate and commercial legal issues.
- A good understanding and application of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act & Rules & the Trade Marks Act and rules. Knowledge of ISP, E-commerce, Digital Media, Legal, Regulatory matters would be a plus.
- A reasonable understanding of procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other economic offenses statutes.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating digital rights and technology contracts, understanding of the regulatory regime in distribution and ad sales would be a plus.
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i . e . ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to mentor and drive efficiencies with direct reportees and to be a trusted member within the
- legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and be an effective negotiator.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate legal issues and solutions in an articulate, precise and e f f e c t i ve manner
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and people management.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Good team player
- Ability to travel at short notice outside Mumbai – both in India and overseas. Should be open to intra-group company transfer.
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to customer
- Anticipates potential barriers and develops alternate strategies; formulates an informed action plan to solve the problem
- Strong communication skills and good command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization.
- Pleasing personality is a must.
To apply for this Job : Click Here