Marks & Spencer is an iconic British brand and we take pride in the fact that we stand for style, quality, and innovation for the whole family. We entered the Indian market in 2001 and signed a JV with Reliance Retail in 2008. Today, M&S is one of the most accessible international fashion brands in India with 94 stores in 33 cities across the country. As the fastest growing international market with the largest footprint outside of the UK, India is an extremely important market for M&S.
Key Deliverables (Essential functions & Responsibilities of the Job):
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of property related agreements, including lease, leave & license, CAM etc.
- LDDs – conducting, preparing report and interpreting reports to highlight risk to management.
- Registration – verifying stamp duty, payment and scheduling of registration.
- Drafting and/or responding to legal /statutory notices.
- Undertaking legal action (both civil and criminal) in case of disputes, criminal action on behalf of or against the Company.
- Handling litigation, liaising with outside counsels for the same and providing supporting documents from internal stakeholders.
- Regulatory Governance – Updating business of changes in applicable laws and ensuring implementation of required changes.
- Ensuring legal compliance under all applicable law and company standards.
- Preparing and maintaining various MIS/trackers.
- Supporting functional automation projects and contract lifecycle management of legal documents.
- Work closely with the business, and other corporate functions, on a daily basis, in understanding the business & commercial requirements when considering legal terms & conditions.
- Standardising contract templates, implementing best practises and assisting in audits.
- Must have a good understanding of commercial, contract terms, compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this Job : Click Here