SIS is a Mumbai-based shipping company that has been operating ocean going tankers for the last 19 years after being incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, in Mumbai (India) on 2nd of May, 2002. The company is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company by the American Bureau of Shipping and is in conformance with the quality standards set by them. It is also registered under the Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India. SIS is committed to safe transportation, efficient services and cleaner seas. It recognizes the responsibility of the safety of life at sea and ensures a cleaner environment, hence develops and maintains high standards of its fleet. The company on account of its performance has been a profit making company since inception.
- Experience in handling Admiralty Suits, Civil as well Criminal cases and Arbitration
- Regular and continuous interaction with Solicitors and Advocates.
- Regular and continuous interaction on claims arising under PNI.
- Vetting of pleadings and ensuring that pleadings are filed in Courts / Tribunals / Fora / Authorities within stipulated timelines.
- Conversant with all laws and more specifically to Maritime Industry/Shipping.
- Maintenance and timely circulation of MIS for legal cases.
- Drafting, Vetting ,Reviewing, Finalizing, various Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Charter Party Agreement, Sale & Purchase Agreements, Terms of Settlement, Contracts, Legal Documents including but not limited to Lease Deed, Trust Deed, Letter of Intent, Agreement to Lease, Sale Deed, Agreement to Sale, Leave and License Agreement, Service Level Contracts, IT Contracts, Marketing Contracts, Admin Contracts, Projects Contracts, Outsourcing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Power of Attorneys, Vendor Agreements, Notices , drafting of documentation for Admin / IT / HR / Marketing / Projects vendor transactions and ensuring that the SLA’s etc.
- Conduct primary Due Diligence including title search pertaining to proposed sale, purchase, acquisition or lease, etc. of flat/shops/land/properties etc.
- Drafting of property documents, sale deed, lease agreements, leave and license agreements, MOUs, agreement to sale and other property documentation
- Effectively liaison with solicitors, advocate firms, lawyers on various matters and ensure timely follow up and closure of issues. Keep senior updated on development periodically.
- Design, augment and review contractual instruments and templates which would assist and support various business activities including overseeing the are well defined and audited.
- Research on applicability of specific laws, circulars, notifications policies, case laws etc
Work Relations: Internal & External
- Interfacing with other departments in the Company, as may be required.
- Interface with external vendors, agencies, solicitor, law firms etc.
- Interface with External Vendors/ Legal Agencies for all elements pertaining to the execution of contracts and legal obligations.
To apply for this Job : Click Here