Wingify is an India based, fast-growing software company that makes globally admired technology products. Our flagship product VWO Experience Optimization Platform is loved by thousands of businesses and users across 90+ countries, and the customer list includes brands like Microsoft, Lenovo, Walt Disney, Target, eBay, and Ubisoft.
- Ensure timely review of contract modifications and communication of changes and notices to the business teams.
- Identifying legal risks in contracts and agreements.
- Interact with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure all contractual obligations of the Company are taken care of and contractual rights of the Company are protected
- Improve/develop standard form agreements, privacy policies and legal processes.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Sales, HR, Marketing, Finance, and Operations) in order to resolve legal and business challenges
- Reviewing and advising on Insurance policies/renewals
- Advising management on various legal and contractual issues
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor/master degree in law.
- 5-8 years of total experience – with a law firm / Technology / SaaS Company.
- Experience in drafting and negotiation of IT/and services agreements/ data protection agreements/ partnership/ non-disclosure agreements/ Vendor Agreements.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiation of information technology agreements, SaaS agreements, and data protection agreements is a must.
- Experience and knowledge in global data protection laws and regulatory requirements regarding personal information (including GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, etc).
- Experience in contract lifecycle management, intellectual property laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, good negotiation skills, able to understand business requirements and ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- General understanding of technology around data collection and processing, and ability to review information security practices and requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word
A day in the life of a legal manager
- 70% of the work is reviewing contracts – both customer and vendor contracts. We sign DPAs with our customers and in case of non-standard DPAs, a legal manager works with our customer DPAs
- For working with customer agreements, senior legal managers have experience in data protection laws.
- Get on calls with sales teams to drive negotiations.
- Check vendor contracts for software required by marketing/sales/HR team
- Participate in operational action items. Make sure Wingify has taken care of terms and conditions of policies. Sending/receiving legal notices to parties using our IP without authorisation/competition.
Meeting expectations as a legal manager
As a legal manager at Wingify, these responsibilities are the expectations from your role and you’ll find a version of it in your goal sheets.
- Maintaining SLA timelines for agreement reviews. For all agreements, individual has to respond with a turn around time of 48 hours
- Reviewing VWO’s terms and conditions annually
- Being able to prioritise between urgent and important contracts
- Maintain trackers for contractual risks agreed by Wingify across contracts
Excelling as a legal manager
As a legal manager at Wingify, these responsibilities if undertaken and delivered apart from the goals mentioned above would be exceeding expectations.
- Taking new initiatives to streamline processes
- Reducing the turnaround time by scaling the processes
- Educating internal team members about our positions in the agreements
Reporting and working relationship
You will be reporting to Maheshnarayan Sarasan, Senior Manager – Legal. Your working relationship will be closely related to the Wingify Sales and CSM team.
To apply for this Job : Click Here