PhonePe is India’s leading digital payments platform with over 280 million registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments. PhonePe went live for customers in August 2016 and was the first non-banking UPI app and offered money transfer to individuals and merchants, recharges and bill payments to begin with. In 2017, PhonePe forayed into financial services with the launch of digital gold, providing users with a safe and convenient option to buy 24-karat gold securely on its platform. PhonePe has since launched Mutual Funds and Insurance products like tax-saving funds, liquid funds, international travel insurance, Corona Care, a dedicated insurance product for the COVID-19 pandemic among others.
i. To contribute towards developing best in class contract management function which, while servicing the internal business and control stakeholders in contracts, legal documents, terms and conditions etc, is also able to insulate the business from all risks.
ii. Implement technology enabled tools and experience-based initiatives to make the contracting process automated, efficient, and effective.
- Description of KRAs
- Standardisation of templates while prescribing negotiable and non-negotiable clauses basis risk categorisation and type of contracts.
ii. Set up an efficient drafting and review process of contracts and other legal documents for various business lines including payments, technology, merchants, product specific like insurance, mutual funds, coupons etc.
iii. Lead contractual negotiations and closure independently.
- Develop commercial understanding of the business and each product line for risk assessment including what is mandatorily required under various regulations for financial services products like insurance and Mutual funds.
ii. Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of business to management on optimising the contracting process, stamping, e-sign, repository access etc.
iii. Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action as the business is large, has PAN India operations and offices, ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks, identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Communications with relevant counter parties / external counsels for contract finalisation.
ii. Systematise the complete contracting process, TAT expectations, repository and retrieval
iii. Establish an auditable and robust process for renewals and monitoring of key requirements of contracts.
iv. Deployment of technology-based solutions and tools to make the end to end contracting process efficient, effective and best in class as to quality of drafting and risk mitigation.
- Keep abreast of legislative change & maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation to continue to improve contract versions.
- Min Qualification
- LL. B/ LLM.
Ii. Minimum 7 Years Post-qualification Experience.
iii. Have strong drafting and communication skills.
iv. Exposure to a variety of contracts – Complex IT /software development, licensing, real estate to variety of vendor, supplier, employment, service contracts – both revenue and expense line
- Overall good legal knowledge (corporate law, employment laws, business laws, data privacy practises, info sec standards, etc). Exposure on regulatory compliance and litigation is a good to have but not mandatory.
- Expectations other than qualification & technical experience:
- Committed and ready to work under pressure.
ii. High degree of professional ethics and integrity, excellent judgement, analytical skills and good interpersonal skills.
iii. Willingness to learn, improve and challenge the status quo for the better.
iv. Good Negotiation skill and general commercial acumen.
PhonePe Full Time Employee Benefits
- Insurance Benefits – Medical Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accidental Insurance, Life Insurance
- Wellness Program – Employee Assistance Program, Onsite Medical Center, Emergency Support System
- Parental Support – Maternity Benefit, Paternity Benefit Program, Adoption Assistance Program, Day-care Support Program
- Mobility Benefits – Relocation benefits, Transfer Support Policy, Travel Policy
- Retirement Benefits – Employee PF Contribution, Flexible PF Contribution, Gratuity, NPS, Leave Encashment
- Other Benefits – Higher Education Assistance, Car Lease, Mobile & Broadband Reimbursements, Salary Advance Policy
To apply for this Job : Click Here