Providence Global Innovation Center (PGC / Providence India) in India is part of Providence, one of the largest health systems in the US. We believe that ‘health is a human right’ and our mission is to empower every person with access to affordable, quality and compassionate care. We deliver our vision – “Health for a Better World” by creating health systems of the future, building bridges for healthier communities, and providing clinical excellence by nurturing a spirit of innovation.
What will you be responsible for?
- General Business Consultation:
- Provide support on legal as well as critical strategic business matters
- Contract Management
- Provide contract support to the business including drafting, and reviewing, (consistent with PGC lead attorney and Providence policy) all necessary legal contracts and transactional agreements including MSA, SOWs, Work Orders, NDA (specifically for IT engagement), Letters of engagement, vendor agreements and proposal review
- Support various internal stakeholders to ensure timely closure of agreements
- Support the lead attorney on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws
- Conduct research on various legal issues
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Litigation:
- Familiarity with local ADR, conciliation, judicial settlement (including settlement through public courts) and mediation procedures
- Support the lead attorney on any potential disputes that arise
- Support the lead attorney and/or senior executives in legal proceedings, as required
- Liaise with and manage external attorneys
- Support the lead attorney to take proactive steps to mitigate litigation risk exposure in all key areas, working closely with executives across India and US
- Labor and Employment
- Be familiar with a range of employment matters including but not limited to hiring, employment agreements, policies, POSH, performance management and employment disputes
- Regulations and Policy Development
- Review and advise the lead attorney on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Review and interpret new or pending legislation and regulations impacting PGC’s operations to ensure compliance and share knowledge with the rest of the PGC legal team
- Legal Services and Operations support for Providence, US
- Work closely with the PGC lead attorney and DLA leadership to identify and manage services that may be provided from India through PGC
- Support established legal processes in DLA with incremental process improvements
- Manage review and approval of contracts in different IT systems.
- At the direction of PGC lead attorney, provide legal services including contract management, document review services etc. for Providence’s domestic operations
Who we are looking for?
- Qualified lawyer in India with strong legal acumen
- 5 – 10 years of experience in contracts, shared legal services, legal operations
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues including ability to display strong stakeholder management
- In-depth knowledge about Contract Management tool and other shared legal services
- Proven experience working with U.S Legal Departments and dual reporting relationships
- Overall broad knowledge on various legal topics (corporate law, litigation, labour and employment laws etc)
To apply for this Job : Click Here