Development Consortium (DC) is a non-profit organization (registered in India), dedicated to working with young people and vulnerable communities across India – empowering them to overcome health, education and rights, abuse & injustice issues. At the very core of our existence is the belief that a better future for humanity depends on our capacity to harness change. It is the building of this capacity that is at the heart of our working model.
Position: Manager / Senior Manager – Legal
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Work Type: Full time Consultant
How to Apply:
You are required to share your resume with a letter of intent on why you would like to work with us and what motivates you to work in a small yet growing non-profit organization.
Please send the above by Email at email@example.com
In the Subject, please mention the position applying for e.g. Legal Manager
● Prepare and draft templates for contracts, MOUs, grant agreements, Service orders, agreements, financial and non-financial agreements, vendor agreements etc or bespoke agreements as and when needed based on the programme/project needs
● Review and improve the existing documents that are used to ensure DC is fully compliant and in accordance with laws applicable to DC.
● Conduct an internal review of the applicable laws to DC and work closely with the CEO and Head of Operations for any improvements to be made.
● Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, child policies, POSH, statutory laws, protection rights, etc) and keep abreast with any changes and amendments that may impact DC and its programmes.
● Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues and provide solutions in the interest of DC.
● Draft and review policy handbooks and any other policies as required from time to time
● Prepare and impart training modules and PPTs and conduct trainings on POSH / Child safeguarding Whistleblower/ Governance from time-to-time
● Review third party agreements, MOUs and contracts or any other documents to ensure DC’s full legal rights
● Ensure, prepare and own the contracting processes for both internal as well as the external stakeholders including team members, vendors, interns, and partners.
● Provide internal trainings to all team members on legal language or specifications from time to time.
● Keep the executives updated on the current knowledge of alterations in legislation and update as may be needed for DC from time to time.
● Flag any issues with the executives in the legal interest of DC and provide solutions
● Custodian of all the contracts issued from DC and maintain records, e-filing and ensure data privacy
● Lead on DC’s Legal projects and work closely with DC’s core team
(Working closely with Head of Finance and Operations)
● Be responsible for organizing Board meetings, sending notices to members, minuting and sharing action points.
● Ensure follow ups are made for the relevant teams from the Board meetings’ action points
● Circulate Board meeting minutes to the Board Members and lead on the coordination with the members with support from Head of Finance and Operations.
● Ensure all governance policies are up to date
● Manage all tasks related to Registrar of Societies, Memorandum and Articles of Association etc.
● Communicate and negotiate with external stakeholders (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
● Be focal point for all Legal related matters and provide support including complex matters
● Providing updates and reports to the internal committees, partners and the Board on a regular basis on relevant legal issues Conduct of Board and Annual General Meetings and the related compliances
● Be part of DC’s core team and maintain high values and high levels of integrity
● Represent DC at forums as and when needed
● Manage – Legal Associate/Interns and mentor them
● Work with Head of Finance and Operations as a business partner and complement each other’s function and support
● Working closely with Finance and Operations team
● Working closely with Project Leads/Representatives and advise for “Legal Matters” from time to time
Qualifications and skills needed
If you are passionate to learn and grow with an organization and drive its legal function, willingness to work in a small team and managing projects need, then we are looking for you.
● Must possess a Law degree from any recognized University. LLM will be desirable.
● Company Secretary degree will be an added advantage but not limit for the deserving candidate
● Experience of at least 3-5 years of working in an organization preferably Non-profit.
● Understanding of International laws will be added advantage
● Sound knowledge and understanding of all laws applicable to a non-profit organization
● Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills with high detail orientation
● Highly competent in statutory, regulatory compliance issues
● High standards of integrity, ethics, and professionalism
● Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
● Excellent in Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
● Good leadership skills
● High confidentiality, respect and a non-discriminatory attitude
● Good interpersonal and communication skills
● Strong analytical and report writing skills
● Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
● Acumen to learn in a fast changing environment
To apply for this Job : Click Here