Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
Job Title: Principal Legal Counsel
Job Location: Bangalore;
Job Description: Infosys Limited is seeking JL 7 (Principal Legal Counsel) for the Mergers & Acquisitions Team.
Basic Qualification: LLB/LLM degree
- Supporting the Corporate Development department in drafting and negotiating definitive transaction documents (sale and purchase agreements, disclosure letters, representations & warranties insurance documents, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, etc.).
- Performing the role of lead M&A deal attorney, providing leadership support for all elements of a transaction, including structuring, overall due diligence, transaction documentation, and coordinating signing and closing of the Transaction.
- Leading legal due diligence team on target companies and summarizing key findings for review.
- Actively engaging with other specialists supporting the Corporate Strategy team, including tax, finance and accounting, HR, IP, commercial contracting, ethics & compliance, privacy, IT and security.
- Providing support to the Business integration team with respect to developing and executing integration plans for acquired businesses.
- Coordinating and overseeing the work of outside M&A counsel.
- Providing legal advice on a diverse range of matters related to Corporate and M&A activities.
- Provide legal support for Investments /Exits managed by Infosys Innovation Fund.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to organize, plan, coordinate and implement large and cross-functional projects and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be able to effectively communicate with the Corporate teams and broader group of supporting specialists.
Skills & Experience:
- 12+ years of experience in Mergers and Acquisitions to Lead the M&A legal team and support the company’s Corporate Strategy team, with an emphasis on International M&A transactions
- Must have the ability to build collaborative partnerships within different teams, including the ability to network within the organization and outside in order to add value to the legal department’s functionality.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and flexibility to work with stringent deadlines.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills
- Qualified LLB, preferably from a Tier 1 law school.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Decisive as a leader who takes ownership of actions and responsibilities with the ability to take constructive stand on difficult issues
- Experience in managing a team is a must.
To apply for this Job : Click Here