Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them. Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” reminds us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee & Coordinate cross-functional Crisis response to major geopolitical or violent events.
- Manage high profile escalations within the company including chairing cross-functional meetings, aligning decision-makers and escalating issues to leadership for decision as needed.
- Proactively identify and assess potential risks and work with policy, legal and operational teams to develop risk mitigation approaches and drive cross-functional implementation particularly relating to content issues.
- Operate independently and be confident managing multiple internal stakeholders, balancing differing opinions and perspectives and weighing up risk in order to provide effective policy advice to leadership.
- Produce and present internal communications for senior leadership to inform them of ongoing situations, provide recommendations and decision support.
- Inform policy development work and partnering with subject-matter experts to develop global policy standards.
- 10+ years of program management experience with a Bachelor’s degree in public policy, legal, political science, risk management or related discipline.
- Knowledge of geopolitical, security or socio-cultural issues in India & South Asia and how they intersect with social media and the possible impacts real-world events will have on the safety of the community.
- Articulate complex issues clearly in writing and verbally in multi-tasking and fast-paced environment.
- Experience providing decision support and advice to senior executives.
- Effective at consensus-building, and communicating with internal audiences.
- Experience in Trust & Safety, Strategic Response, or Crisis Management.
- Experience driving and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience framing and briefing difficult decisions to senior leadership.
- Able to work at pace to make difficult decisions under pressure, use critical thinking skills, have strong written communications, and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills to organize and build relationships with teams across the company.
To apply for this Job : Click Here