Juniper Networks challenges the inherent complexity that comes with networking and security in the multicloud era. We do this with products, solutions and services that transform the way people connect, work and live. We simplify the process of transitioning to a secure and automated multicloud environment to enable secure, AI-driven networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Juniper Networks seeks an experienced engaging, organised and highly motivated regional corporate counsel/lawyer to join its APAC Legal team. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel for APAC Legal in Singapore. This position will be located in India, with a strong preference for New Delhi or Bangalore.
- Have a Law degree from an accredited law school. Preferably completed training with a recognized Indian law firm.
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken); fluency in other local Asian languages strongly preferred.
- Have at least 10 years post qualification experience in handling complex sales transactions, corporate governance and people management, preferably gained from a combination of experience with large, international technology companies and/or major law firms. Experience dealing with professional services is an advantage.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in all day-to-day interactions (including with senior management, corporate departments and all levels of employees).
- Be heavily outcome focused, with an acute attention to detail (and a quizzical mind in the discovery and solving of issues).
- Have a good working knowledge of large multi-national business practices as well as being comfortable working with other diverse cultures across the APAC region.
- In order to succeed, embrace the core values of the organization and quickly establish him/herself as a team player who is both flexible, creative and intellectually nimble.
- Have the ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive (without being adversarial) and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility.
- Ensure independence, and act independently, as a trusted legal advisor to Juniper Networks.
- Be prepared when necessary to give advice that is urgently required. Be able to work and thrive in ambiguous and fast-paced situations.
- Maintain focus on how to get things done and finding solutions. by enabling business to achieve targets. This includes delivering on expectations under occasional pressured conditions without sacrificing quality or timeliness.
- Be able to quickly develop term-sheets and high-level terms to help guide Juniper Networks in the formulation and resolution of business issues.
- Adapt quickly to new technology, procedures and guidelines to drive continuous improvement and efficiency in the legal function.
- Consistently anticipate, guard against, provide timely evaluation and guidance of, and propose mitigation strategies for and advise management of any potential risks in contractual, regulatory, revenue recognition, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Have experience with revenue recognition and other accounting issues that arise in commercial transactions with large software or telecom companies.
- Possess business acumen, with ability to understand the company’s business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
- Be able to take instructions from other members of the APAC Legal Team and the Juniper Legal Organization more broadly as, and when, required.
To apply for this Job : Click Here