Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries.
- Risk Review – Drive and manage professional Risk Review process during tendering phase laying a good foundation for the same during execution phase by participation in Local/Hub/Group risk review meetings. Ensuring effective risk mitigation by appropriate actions in the tendering phase itself.
- Risk Management – Analyzing prime contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk, such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts, as work proceeds.
- Project Review – Actively participate in Project Reviews and advise the team from a commercial, contractual and risk management perspective leading to Risk and Opportunity Assessment. Ensuring development and implementation of a risk mitigation and opportunity plan in cooperation with Project Management ensuring margin improvements during project execution and preventing margin erosion.
- Contract Management – Ensuring contract management activities are executed in accordance with Group Directives / Business / Hub Business Line Instructions. For select Large and complex tenders – Reviewing and negotiating (if required by the Sales team) the contractual tender terms and conditions considering risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- For the select portfolio of Large and complex projects – Ensuring contract and claims strategies are prepared, monitored, and followed in full coordination with the relevant Project Manager. Enforce and defend Hitachi Energy’s contractual rights and obligations throughout the project lifecycle. Providing guidance and leadership on contract management related matters to cross-department business team members.
- Ensuring internal control activities are executed in accordance with Group Directives / Business / Hub Business Line Instructions mainly for Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes.
- Tender preparation and negotiations – Reviewing and commenting on commercial and contractual tender terms and conditions. Developing contract strategy based on Hitachi Energy’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy taking into account risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Training – Developing Risk Management competence in Sales teams and Execution teams (PMs) by conducting pragmatic trainings periodically with specific and relevant content, custom made for the business, periodically updating the content to make it relevant and current.
- Contract execution (from project kick-off to project closure) – Identifying the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlights areas of potential risk. Ensuring timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in the portfolio of contracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- Contract Closure – Verifying that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding. Assesses the success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting.
- Contract and claims – Establishing and enforcing standard change methodologies in the portfolio of contracts to identify changes and quantify the additional time and compensation due to Hitachi Energy as per the contract, defining approval requirements and communicates changes to the customer. Enforcing and defends Hitachi Energy’s contractual interests against customers and suppliers during the whole of a project life cycle.
- Purchasing – Supporting drafting of Purchase Orders, Contracts and Subcontracts and ensuring that relevant (sub) contracts contain appropriate contract terms to protect Hitachi Energy’s interest, including flow-down of main contract terms.
- Insurance – Ensuring contract insurance provisions are adhered to and coordinate with Insurance Risk Management regarding occurrences that may be covered by the customer or Hitachi Energy provided insurance.
- Export controls – Seeking advice from Legal (Export Control) to ensure accurate handling of all export control matters and ensures close review of all contracts and projects with regard to restrictions on exports.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or Law.
- Preferably 7 years or more experience in contract management and subcontract management functions processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements.
- Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Ability to interface with customers and subcontractors in regards to all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Ability to work in a corporate office and/or project site environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak and negotiate in English. Any further language is a plus
To apply for this Job : Click Here