Visa (NYSE: V) is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories. Our purpose is to uplift everyone, everywhere by being the best way to pay and be paid.
In This Role, You Are Expected To
- Work closely with business teams to review and advise on commercial and contractual enhancements and/or new business initiatives, as well as day to day commercial related matters
- Be an effective representative/ stakeholder for the AP Legal team in the global legal office and Country management, and liaise with/cooperate with other members of the global and regional Visa legal team
- Independently draft, negotiate and drive to completion complex commercial, technology, and strategic partnership agreements that achieve business objectives
- Provide counseling and advice to business and technology teams regarding deal structures and common approaches to addressing issues
- Assist in regulatory and government engagements/consultations on payment regulations across the India and South Asia region and be an effective strategic advisor to the business and government engagement teams
- Some travel may be required
- 4 or more years of relevant experience.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Current member in good standing of a State Bar with the ability to become barred or a registered in-house counsel in the state where this role is located.
As a Candidate, You Should Have
We are looking for a strong leader who brings of breadth of experience and knowledge of the industry and our business.
- Minimum 4 or more years legal experience, some of which must be at a top tier law firm or MNC
- Strong academic credentials, including a degree from a well-recognized and reputable law school
- Must be able to work independently and interface with executive level stakeholders with little or no supervision, but also be a good team player
- Must be a practical and proactive problem-solver, must have a strong business acumen and be confident, mature and calm under fire
- Demonstrated ability to manage and drive complex commercial and technology transactions, including internationally driven deals
- Strong understanding of complex legal issues in multi jurisdictions
- Excellent legal analytical skills with the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing balanced advice regarding risks and benefits
- Admission to a recognized legal body is preferred, and can work in India Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
To apply for this Job : Click Here