Constellation Blu was set up in late 2012 to be a go to team of multi-disciplinary professionals for all members of the early stage ecosystem. The intent was to service the needs across all members of the ecosystem including investors (both institutional and angel) and founders (and their leadership teams). The team has boot strapped to scale from 3 in June 2013 to close to a 40 self-driven and professionals currently across Finance, legal, corporate secretarial, Talent, investor relations and others. Over a short period of time, the team has been successful in creating its own identity as a go to shop for needs of the early stage ecosystem and has added newer offerings from time to time with its dynamic leadership team and an ownership structure where the early leadership have developed to being co-owners of the firm. We haven’t yet peaked and are eager to add newer modules of professional services and solutions for the early stage ecosystem.
About the role | Senior Associate – Legal:
Constellation Blu is looking for a transactional lawyer with an extensive law firm background having done substantial transactional work. The person in this position will possess strong technical expertise and experience working on large transactions, and is able to adapt to the start-up/venture ecosystem. The Senior Associate will help start-up clients with compliance for their first round of investments, work on providing legal services to retainer clients as well as handle transaction documentation.
The person in this position will report to Partners.
- Work on M&A, Early and growth stage Investment transactions, handled due diligence, pre-closing and post-closing transaction related matters.
- Have competence in a broad range of corporate and business laws, import & export regulations, especially in the areas of commercial transactions and statutory compliances.
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of matters from complex, multi-jurisdictional investment agreement transactions and other corporate law agreements.
- Rendering legal advice relating to the general operations of the company.
- High execution, ownership and finishing skills along with the ability to have a 360 degree view of a transaction and basic knowledge on FEMA and tax that are relevant to a transaction.
- Ability to lead a team of Lawyers and Company Secretaries.
- Ability to train and guide a team of lawyers and company secretaries.
- Excellent legal and business judgment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from complex matters to the routine standard matters.
Does This Sound Like You?
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves):
- LL.B. from a recognized university in India.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years’ work experience working on M&A, early and growth stage investment transactions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves):
- Company Secretary qualification (preferred but not compulsory).
- Prior experience working in a Tier I law firm.
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit):
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adeptly manage stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently.
To apply for this Job : Click Here