Caspian invests equity and debt capital in socially responsible, multiple bottom line businesses delivering financial and social value. Caspian has set up four funds till date: Bellwether Microfinance Fund, India Financial Inclusion Fund, Caspian Impact Investments, Caspian SME Im
Duties and Responsibilities
The position is expected to coordinate proceedings with regard to delinquent cases. This will include client conversations and coordinating legal proceedings. S/he is also expected to carry out drafting and execution of loan documents for new loans or amendment agreements, as and when needed
- Identifying and liaise with appropriate service providers for carrying out Debt Resolution for Caspian Debt.
- Representing Caspian Debt in legal matters related to debt resolution
- Handling correspondence with external parties, lenders, coordination of legal requests;
- Liaising with the internal departments as well as borrowers, notaries, external counsel, service providers, etc.
- Supporting the ongoing monitoring, operational, and legal functions of the investment team.
- Drafting, reviewing, releasing of legal notices for debt resolution
- Maintaining and updating an MIS with the status of debt resolution
Legal Administrative activities:
- Filing and compliance for legal matters.
- Handling of legal documentation negotiation on legal clauses and execution of documents with the borrowers and lenders
- Keeping the management updated with recent developments on legal procedures as directed by regulators and courts
- Providing general legal and operational support to the organization for
- Ensuring compliance with the RBI Regulations;
- Carrying out data updates on various regulatory platforms (Eg: CRILC, CKYC, NESL etc)
- Validating loan structures and regulatory compliance.
- Support the ongoing monitoring, operational, and legal functions of the investment team on legal matters.
Drafting, reviewing, and processing legal documents
- Drafting and improving loan agreement template.
- Supporting execution of new loan agreements, as well as amendments to existing loan agreements and corresponding administration, Issuance of NOC, NDAs, waivers, and other agreements;
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Risk Managers and Loan Operations Teams develop and process new deal structures and also implement amendments/waivers and other supplemental deal documents post-disbursement;
- Reviewing all types of legal agreements that are required for various purposes.
- Issuing compliance memo for disbursements
- Ensuring correctness of data in the Loan Management System
- Responsible for document safekeeping with the help of partners..
Qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
Experience: A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in the legal department of an NBFC or a bank. Experience in a Financial Institution is mandatory. Preference will be given to those who have worked in debt resolution for corporate lending or corporate SME lending verticals of banks and NBFCs.
- Education: LLB or equivalent
- Specialized knowledge /Skills: NBFC / Bank
- Professional Certification/Training on: Corporate Debt resolution, IBC process, SARFESI takeover.
To apply for this Job : Click Here