Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way – including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing all types of transactions;
- Software technology agreements, master service agreements, content acquisition and syndication agreements, production agreements, mobile technology agreements, value added services agreements, app embedding agreements, app distribution agreements.
- Procurement agreements and services agreements.
- Prior experience in drafting, negotiating contracts pertaining to the OTT world .
- Drafting of pleadings – writ petitions, plaints, complaints, written statements, company petitions, appeals, revisions, winding up petitions, statements of claim etc. before trial courts, High Court(s), Supreme Court;
- Assist in strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the company
- Research and analysis of various policies, amendments, bills, consultation papers, notifications, on corporate law matters.
- Timeline adherence for assignments handled
- Ability to coordinate across various functions to ensure completion and compliance.
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to all corporate and contractual issues, inter alia, under contract law, IPR laws, etc.
- LLB from a Premier Law College. LLM from a reputed University would be a plus but not a must.
- Preferably in Telecom, IT, ISP or Broadcasting Sector.
Knowledge And Skills
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to corporate and commercial legal issues.
- A good understanding and application of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act & Rules & the Trade Marks Act and rules. Knowledge of ISP, E-commerce, Digital Media, Legal, Regulatory matters would be a plus.
- A reasonable understanding of procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other economic offenses statutes.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating digital rights and technology contracts and content-related agreements, understanding of the regulatory regime in distribution and ad sales would be a plus.
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, review, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to mentor and drive efficiencies with direct reportees and to be a trusted member within the legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and be an effective negotiator.
- Able to prioritize efficiently and communicate regularly and appropriately with other departments is essential.
To apply for this Job : Click Here