Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
- Primary regional legal support lead for Mastercard Technology (TECH) business unit.
- Provide strategic guidance and advice on important forward-looking technology initiatives, including enterprise architecture, platforms, products, services, automation, security, data and upcoming technologies like Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Quantum computing, and the like.
- Foster and build strong relationships with business stakeholders and department colleagues to promote cross-functional collaboration, as well as ensure seamless legal advice and support to achieve positive results for Mastercard.
- Provide legal guidance related to the entire life cycle of a product, starting from planning, development and distribution of new product offerings, including review of IP rights, information security, information technology considerations, regulatory compliance, data privacy design, documentation content, and vendor contract related requirements.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate various agreements, including complex technology outsourcing agreements, with strategic partners, financial institutions, and vendors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with subject matter experts on data privacy, intellectual property, regulatory, public policy, franchise, security, finance, sales, emerging payments, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure products & services and agreements are consistent with corporate strategy and internal policies and procedures.
- Keep track of relevant regulatory circulars in the region and promptly advise stakeholders of its implications on business operations and legal risks.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the business to operate as a trusted advisor to business clients on a daily basis with respect to wide-ranging issues, to help set and implement strategy for such teams, take responsibility for projects that benefit the team or department, and manage the day-to-day matters in coordination with colleagues, as appropriate.
All About You
- Law degree from an established and reputable university.
- Possess experience in handling leadership from multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated transactional technology background and sound business and legal judgment, preferably from payments or financial services industry.
- Proficiency in contract drafting and complex negotiation.
- Aside from being a proven individual contributor, must be able to work as part of a team, and have strong collaborative and multi-tasking skills and experience with coordinating cross-functional teams to execute initiatives and transactions.
- General understanding of regulatory environment especially circulars issued by RBI and other regulators for AP regions.
- Must be able to strike a balance between the two principal objectives of being a facilitator to the business and protecting the interests of the company.
- Quick learner, stress resistant, ability to grasp complex new business concepts, good commercial acumen, and creative approach to problem-solving.
- A proactive, time-sensitive, results driven approach in carrying out all duties, obligations, and responsibilities.
To apply for this Job : Click Here