UnitedLex is the go-to leader in optimizing legal and accelerating business through digital agility. The world’s most forward-thinking businesses, law departments, and law firms rely on the company’s expertise in over 25 global jurisdictions. Founded in 2006, the team includes 3,000 legal, engineering, and technology professionals with major operations in 18 countries.
- Provide contractual and legal support in respect of matters that involves review and negotiation of contractual terms and conditions, including advising customer on the proper contract
- template selection, clause inclusion, and other contract authoring related questions.
- Support customer aligned attorneys and senior negotiators, including editing, drafting, negotiating, conducting legal research, account counseling and preparing deal-governance
- Provide ongoing legal advice regarding legal implications of specific terms and conditions in existing contracts.
- Provide legal support on contract interpretation, document drafting, attending and leading meetings, and responding to key communications.
- Actively support internal stakeholders in connection with resolution of issues or any disputes between an account and a customer and/or third party that are not being handled by internal
- account support teams.
- Ensure that matters are reviewed and negotiated in accordance with the approved deal governance guidelines (playbooks and delegation of authority).
- Conduct research into relevant laws and regulations, interpret contracts and legal documents,in order to assist in the resolution of problems and providing answers to questions as requested
- and oversee compliance to these documents.
- Under minimal supervision, serve as a trusted advisor to members of the business team and company stakeholders.
- Demonstrate professionalism in making decisions, understanding the subject-matter of the contract, solid knowledge of the common corporate business practices, including understanding
- the complex agreements for provision of services and the key performance indicators.
- Determine organizational risk, escalate risks in accordance with adopted best practices and propose potential alternative courses of action.
- Keep acquainted, on a regular basis, with all company’s or its client’s documented standard legal positions and apply them when providing legal services
- Coach/mentor team members and provide first level support; may require managing team and ensuring quality control and output of team and self.
- Report to and pro-actively apprise the Management regarding issues or potential issues related to contracts and account with proposed resolution.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor of Law degree
- At least 8+ years post qualification experience in at a law firm and/or contracts/legal department of a global corporation
- Significant experience in contract and commercial drafting, contract assessment, negotiations & stakeholder (internal or external) engagement, preferably in FMCG Industry
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-counsels, professionals in other departments and
- business teams
- Detail oriented with excellent business judgment, analytical skills, and high level of professionalism
- Identify legal or contractual issues and develop new approaches to resolve complex issues
- Strong understanding of core legal knowledge and ability to advise in the technical areas relevant to client and its industry sectors (e.g. commercial contracts, transaction
- management, disputes, sector-specific regulation)
- Significant experience in advice and legal document drafting, including adherence to deadlines and managing conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work highly collaboratively within an onsite and virtual global team and independently, as appropriate.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Display mindset to adapt to new tools and a data-driven culture
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and other productivity and collaboration tools.
- Experience in using contract management lifecycle software, procurement software, CRM software and workflow / case management software preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally, as required.
To apply for this Job : Click Here