A global conglomerate, Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. Anchored by an extraordinary force of over 140,000 employees belonging to 100 nationalities, the Group is built on a strong foundation of stakeholder value creation. With over seven decades of responsible business practices, our businesses have grown into global powerhouses in a wide range of sectors – metals, pulp and fibre, chemicals, textiles, carbon black, telecom and cement. Today, over 50% of Group revenues flow from overseas operations that span 36 countries in North and South America, Africa and Asia. The company was named the AON best employer in India for 2018 – the third time in the last 7 years.
Job Description To own and advise ABFRL business on mitigation of legal risks arising out of leasing of stores, franchisee management and Litigations for south region. To support regional counsel and their respective teams
The role extends to pan India for entire ABFRL business. The laws/regulations whether relating to leasing, retail compliance, litigations, etc., vary from state to state that make the decision making process complex. Managing common legal regional teams to support businesses separately within the timelines that are often steep is also a challenge. Following are the operational challenges.
Synergy in leasing and litigation processes between PT and MFL and ensure seamless support to both the businesses
Resolve issues arising out of legal due diligence of properties proposed to be taken on leases that are escalated by regional legal counsel and play advisory service to cross-functional teams
- Review of legal risks arising out of Due diligence of properties conducted by external lawyers and recommend approval or rejection of property
- Negotiation of leases, CAM documents, Renewal of lease, etc
- Provide SOPs for driving higher % of Registration of leases or any leasing requirement
- Negotiation of costs with lawyers
- Prosecute third party or defend MFL in all litgations pan India
- Advice on legal issues concerning the franchisee, landlords, etc.,
- Initiate or defend legal action ( civil/criminal/labour/consumer).
- Resolution of cases of violation of legal and values- Filing of police complaints, advice on the process for disciplinary inquiry, etc
- Work with external counsel on resolution of employee value violations cases
- Work with lawyers on strategizing actions to be taken in litigations
- Conduct training programs for creating awareness and Publishing Monthly Leasing dash board
- Maintenance of database of leases of pan India on the legal portal for access to customers ( RBD, Finance, Brand Ops, etc)
- Any Graduate,Bachelor Of Law
To apply for this Job : Click Here