Founded in 1982 as an express operator, we quickly grew into a global logistics network with more than 600 offices in over 65 countries, that delivers logistics services and transportation solutions, with a range of specialized offerings like international and domestic express delivery, freight forwarding, integrated logistics solutions, consumer retail services, and e-commerce solutions.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Oversee legal matters (regulatory, product reviews, litigation, legal compliance, and commercial and corporate work) pertaining to all Aramex entities in the Asia region including but not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day legal counsel to company stakeholders on general corporate and commercial matters
- Provide legal advice and support on various commercial matters, including development and launch of new products/services, confidential information, privacy related matters, corporate policies, commercial dispute resolution, and litigation management
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of contracts and legal documents on behalf of various internal lines of business, including service contracts, supplier contracts, outsourcing, professional and support services and service levels agreements
- Manage litigation matters in his/her region including coordination with external lawyers
- Undertake general corporate work (registration and liquidation of companies, share transfers, etc.) as well as drafting, reviewing and maintaining corporate documents (meeting minutes, resolutions, POAs, MOAs, licenses, etc.)
- Conduct research and analysis of legal problems and present the same to General Counsel
- Identifying risks and proposing/drafting templates, appropriate terms and conditions, policies and procedures
- Manage, lead, train and mentor junior legal counsels
- Advise on ad hoc legal matters
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law / J.D from an accredited university.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited university is a plus.
- Qualified Lawyer – must be admitted to practice law in home country (Bar admitted/Law Society).
- 7 years PQE.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, negotiation and drafting skills;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with large and diverse teams, including upper management;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Proficient in setting priorities and managing expectations with respect to deliverables and deadlines;
- Pragmatic approach, including the ability to simplify legal concepts for business colleagues and non-legal audiences;
- Superior research skills;
- Ability to exercise judgement and assess risk in diverse markets
To apply for this Job : Click Here