AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software, sparking ingenuity to drive responsible use of the world’s resources. The company’s secure industrial cloud platform and applications enable businesses to harness the power of their information and improve collaboration with customers, suppliers and partners.
What will you be doing?
- Be an integral part of the continued growth of AVEVA’s commercial deal pursuits as well as general legal issues that arise in the India region.
- To ensure compliance with all applicable laws and group legal guidelines, we provide cross-functional and multi-disciplinary legal support and advice.
- Advise, review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including but not limited to software services agreements, maintenance agreements, consultancy agreements, global contractual framework agreements, procurement, subcontractor, and strategic alliance agreements, as well as other in-bound commercial agreements.
- Liaise with and be the point of contact for internal business clients and other members of the legal department.
- Lead and assist with various special projects as may be assigned, such as developing standard contract templates, policies, and processes; improving the contract management process; and educating internal teams to ensure conformity and consistency in the application of relevant policies.
- Assist with all HR and licensing matters in the India region.
- Manage and coordinate with internal subject matter experts, external counsel, and relevant authorities as needed.
- Prepare contract summaries, legal trackers, and dispute resolution trackers to aid in the management decision-making process.
- Assist in the development of legal procedures, practices, and structures to support APAC operations and businesses.
- More than 13 years of experience as an attorney, preferably in a top-tier law firm or with relevant in-house experience with global IT services companies providing software licensing and maintenance services and with copyright, intellectual property, and trademark registration and protection matters.
- Sound judgment, strong communication skills
- good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills.
- Experience managing outside counsel, competing demands and working under pressure
- familiar with Asian business culture and ethics, as well as exposure to international business horizons,
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently.
- Willing to travel.
To apply for this Job : Click Here