At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Legal Advice and Counsel
- Provides legal support to Microsoft business and management teams in CEE Multi-Country on commercial legal issues, with a special focus on providing transactional support for licensing, distributing, and marketing of Microsoft’s online services, legal support relating to Microsoft’s partner ecosystem as well as Compliance issues.
- Serves as a key business partner and valued legal advisor to clients and colleagues by providing actionable advice on a wide range of issues, including data protection, public procurement, IP laws, and antitrust and competition regulations.
- Identifies and anticipates legal and other risks (e.g., geopolitical, country, reputational, etc.) in client’s business, technology, and/or public policy, and develops creative solutions and alternatives to mitigate future risk.
- Manages relationships and develops partnerships with outside counsel; engages clients and collaborates with outside counsel to develop strategies and innovative solutions to address business issues and achieve business objectives.
- Ensures business is being conducted in a legally compliant manner and mitigates associated risks; advises and helps clients understand complex compliance issues; facilitates development of creative solutions to complex questions.
- Identifies and engages appropriate stakeholders in CELA and business to escalate issues and drive decisions.
- Support high-impact transactions outside of Multi-Country (strategic deals) as well as high impact projects across CEE, as the need arises, to meet the changing business environment and ensures the CEE Legal team is achieving commitments.
- Provides continuous feedback and evaluates processes for improvement; contributes to significant operational improvements (including timeliness, quality improvement, and cost reduction); develops and implements recommendations that increase efficiencies within work group and for the delivery of legal services to clients.
- Develops financial arrangements for outside counsel and vendor expenses; manages and prioritizes expenses to allocated budget; works within and manages budgets for projects.
- Models compliance and maintains confidentiality, attorney-client privilege, privacy, and the security of data.
- Partners well with another attorney, who supports Multi-Country, to deliver strong legal support as a team to the Multi-Country business teams.
- Leads and encourages collaboration within CELA, across internal groups, senior management, and clients to ensure a coordinated Legal and Corporate Affairs voice; provides guidance to frame issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Organizes and simplifies complex/multi-dimensional issues and recommends a clear course of action among alternatives.
- Takes an active role in industry or legal associations and external outreach initiatives, if and when appropriate, to build broader connections.
- Develops positive relationships with external and internal legal professionals, academics, customers, or partners in an effort to protect and advocate Microsoft’s interests.
Embody our culture and values
- Fully qualified lawyer, qualified to practice law in an EU jurisdiction.
- Extensive experience as an attorney (7+ years of relevant professional activity) with a passion for technology, preferably with a blend of experience at a law firm and in-house at a global company advising business clients.
- Significant experience and knowledge of commercial, privacy, antitrust, intellectual property laws, and related areas of law.
- Professional level written and spoken English.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Enthusiastic “team player” who enjoys working in a multi-cultural and language environment with the ability to work remotely across jurisdictions and provide clear legal advice to a diverse and dynamic sales organization based in multiple countries in CEE; capability and aptitude (and intuition) to spot legal issues and to provide legal counsel in foreign jurisdictions.
- A passion to empower clients within the bounds of ethical deal making and Microsoft’s Compliance policies; ability to provide clear counsel in Compliance related matters (such as Microsoft’s anti-corruption policy and similar policies) even when business pressure seems high.
- Flexible and analytical thinker able to quickly and accurately identify legal issues in a complex environment and to develop solutions by exercising confident judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and the ability to interface effectively with a variety of personalities across a large number of diverse international teams; additional language skills in one of the major CEE languages, particularly Russian, would be a plus.
- Keen business sense, ability to think strategically, results oriented, and desire to establish a trusted advisor relationship with business clients.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations and changing demands
To apply for this Job : Click Here