Siemens Healthineers is a leading medtech company with over 125 years of experience. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways. With our strengths in patient twinning, precision therapy, as well as digital, data, and artificial intelligence (AI), we are well positioned to take on the biggest challenges in healthcare. We will continue to build on these strengths to help fight the world’s most threatening diseases, improving the quality of outcomes, and enabling access to care.
Role Objective: To provide specialized legal advice and counselling to a growing & evolving Business with high regulatory complexity. Identifies and analyses legal risks and opportunities and proposes potential solutions to the business partner or Legal management. Ensures adherence to given legal policies and processes and reporting obligations by advising & hand-holding if necessary.
- Legal Support to Corporate functions such as Medical Device/ Drugs-Regulatory & Quality, Real Estate, Information Technologies, Cyber Security, Data Privacy, HR/Labour Codes, Procurement, Strategy, Communication & Anti-corruption/Compliance teams.
- Providing legal advice and legal support to R&D units including software development, Digital Health, AI, Machine Learning & Robotics in Healthcare/Medical Equipments, Laboratory Diagnostics, Factories of Medical Equipment/ Drugs etc.
- To keep abreast with legal & regulatory developments within or outside of the company & update business & management. Making representation through industry bodies on changes in law affecting the company.
- Involved in policy making for the Company. Designing, drafting, and overseeing the company’s policy implementation and position on legal matters and knowledge management. Enforcement of internal company regulations. Legal trainings & knowledge sharing to functions & business teams.
- Drafting & reviewing of legal documents & agreements in particular Real estate documentation, sales deed, lease, leave and license, Property due diligence, domestic and international commercial contracts (including PPP, Consortium agreements, Pre-bid agreements, Sales/Purchase agreements, Work contracts, Framework agreements, Service level agreement etc.) with public and private customers, as well as suppliers and subcontractors, Creating standard templates of agreements, and specialized topics such as affidavits, Indemnity bond, corporate guarantees,.
- Guiding management on regulatory and legal issues to ensure compliance with applicable laws & regulations including implementation of risk & internal control measures to avoid non-compliance with law & internal policies. Conducting trainings on specialized topics to create awareness on legal topics of importance in the Company
- Responsible for managing, advising, and strategizing independently, all legal proceedings, dispute resolution process in various courts & quasi-judicial bodies. Preparation of appropriate legal documents and organising representations in various forums through external lawyers.
Key Attributes & Competencies
- Expertise in Healthcare & Medical Device/ Drugs/Pharma laws, Information Technology & Data laws
- Ability to exercise judgement on complex legal issues effectively & problem-solving competencies
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with Senior Management/ Business Leaders
- Command over Legal writing skills (English), legal research, a problem-solving skill.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a Law degree from a reputed law college in India or from international college.
- 10 years of post-qualification experience in legal department of multinational drugs/pharma/ medical device companies of repute
- Independently handling drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts and providing legal advice on corporate topics & litigations.
To apply for this Job : Click Here