A world leader in stationery, lighters and shavers, BIC brings simplicity and joy to everyday life. For more than 75 years, the Company has honored the tradition of providing high-quality, affordable, essential products to consumers everywhere. Through this unwavering dedication, BIC has become one of the most recognized brands and is a trademark registered worldwide.
- Partner the India management team and support the business towards ensuring that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures. Manage disputes and work closely with the business to identify and mitigate risks through embedding processes and protocols. Develop strong relationships with internal clients beyond active legal matters. The role will also be responsible to ensure corporate entity compliance.
- Partner with and support the APAC team on contract preparation, review, negotiations, advise relating to regulations, employment laws, product claims, etc. The role will also be responsible to ensure corporate entity compliance for all APAC entities.
- Partner with and support the Global Export Markets team to create and negotiate contracts with distributors in Asian markets
- Collaborate with Group Legal team on improving operational efficiencies, legal reporting, knowledge sharing etc
- Negotiating contractual conditions with distributors, vendors, suppliers & third parties
- Provide legal advise to business issues presented in a manner that balances Commerical needs & BIC Group’s adherence to law and compliance
- Contract preparation, marketing claims, packaging mandatories, disputes with third parties (less than € 50k)
- Legal expenses for engaging outside counsel
Legal guidance on regulatory changes that require changes to existing ways of working
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Law from a Reputed Institute
- Company Secretary qualification is preferred
- At least 10 years PQE in manufacturing or FMCG industry.
- Strategic thinker and trusted business partnering skills
- Explaining complex issues in layman terms with little “lawyering” and driving business leaders to informed decision making process
- Creativity to propose alternative legal solutions that make business sense
- A combination of “project ownership” mentality, intellectual curiosity, roll up your sleeves “can do” attitude, and ability to work collaboratively and take input
- Courage and diplomacy to discard legally-unviable options
To apply for this Job : Click Here