IPE Global Limited (IPE Global) is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. Headquartered in India with seven international offices in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines and United Kingdom, the Group offers a range of integrated, innovative and high-quality consulting services across several sectors and practices.
- Establish and continuously improve a consistent compliance framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of Compliance risks and issues;
- Monitor the compliance at 3 levels – Organizational Level, Offices Level and Project Level;
- Understanding of Regulatory laws, regulatory strategies, Trust (NGO) laws (FCRA), Company law (FIMA, FDI, etc.), shops & establishment (Compliance – bonus, wage, attendance, fire drill, IT, display requirements, etc.);
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring;
- Drafting and vetting of Donor Contracts, Vendor Contracts, Pre-bid Agreements, MOA, MOU, Bank guarantee, Indemnity Bonds if any, undertakings and authority letters, framing disclaimers in contracts, etc. Vetting, consultation and co-ordination with the panel of external lawyers to ensure documents are legally sound;
- Advising on a range of legal documents including contracts, advisory mandates, purchase agreements, leases and licenses and corporate documentation.
- Advise on risk and exposure on contracts, and have the experience to work with opposing counsel to agree an acceptable way forward in order to secure mandates on acceptable terms and conditions;
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues. Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation;
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required. Liaison with relevant legal department of Partners/Government offices and other authorities.
- Manage complex legal disputes.
- Drafting & Implementation of compliance management system in accordance to applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures and soliciting to senior management, global managers and others head-counts;
- Responsible for, including advise in case of any dispute and management thereof in Courts/ Arbitration, etc.
- Visit to Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same;
- Maintain regulatory or compliance documentation, determine operational compliance with regulations or standards.
- Work-related travel to be undertaken as and when required.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Law degree from an accredited law school essential and Master’s level qualification desirable – law / contracts / corporate & company administration;
- Must be a lawyer;
- Sound understanding of laws and statutory regulations pertaining to company/trust;
- 4+ years of Legal & Corporate Secretarial experience preferably in a Corporate Legal department;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in contracts management with experience in international contracting and varied contractual arrangements.
- Must have a good understanding of commercial contracting terms, conditions/practices and legal implications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
To apply for this Job : Click Here