Toonz Media Group is a global leader specialized in creating top-class entertainment content on various media and consumer platforms for kids and families across the world. With an incredible legacy of almost two decades in the industry, Toonz specialises in high-quality content creation, production, distribution, digital media exploitation, licensing & merchandising, gaming, AR / VR & other emerging technologies and animation academics. Having industry veterans from around the world in the global leadership team, Toonz Media Group believes in going that extra mile to ‘Entertain the World’.
- Drafting, vetting, and negotiating all sorts of contracts prevalent in the media and entertainment industry
- Drafting of notices, legal replies, letters, etc. as required from time to time.
- Advising and strategizing with the business team to bring negotiations to a quick closure
- Liaise with external as well as internal stakeholders.
- Providing general legal advice on business and commercial issues including safeguarding the company’s intellectual property.
- Providing legal advice on labour and employment issues.
- Build and cultivate key internal stakeholder relationships to better understand business needs and provide accurate, timely legal support to various business units of the Organisation.
- Knowledge of the regulatory regime in content creation and exploitation, latest advancements in the media and entertainment field, and legal observations pertaining thereto.
- Should have excellent research and analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Knowledge of the Copyright Act
- Conducting Trademark search and drawing analysis.
- Providing legal advice on registering and protecting trademarks in multiple jurisdictions.
- Due diligence and Trademark portfolio management.
- Candidates having a law degree from a reputed university; LLM preferred.
- Minimum of 7-8 years experience within a corporate legal department and/or experience with intellectual property law.
- Excellent English writing and oral communication skills, computer savvy, and proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated abilities to work independently and as part of a team and interact professionally with customers, vendors, and other business associates.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently prioritize and manage workflow to meet deadlines.
To apply for this Job : Click Here