26 years. 26 channels. 167 countries. 700 mn+ viewers. 1 Digital Platform. Broadcast Media to OTT Platform to In-house-Production House. With an aspiration to Go Beyond. That’s who we are in a snapshot. Riding on the culture of innovation instilled by our parent company, Sony Corporation, Japan, we believe in not just thinking but “doing out of the box”. This is well reflected in the kind of content we churn out both in the television and OTT space.
- Handling documentation and negotiations pertaining to:
- Licensing (in & out);
- Content and app distribution;
- Subscriptions (wallets, bundling, coupons, etc.);
- Payment gateways;
- Production – Commissioning, co-production, underlying works, and development;
- Due diligence;
- Sales (direct, volume discounts, etc.);
- Several ancillaries.
- Advising the business team on various Legal and Commercial issues pertaining to the transactions in terms of, rights procurement, embargos on monetization, the scope of intellectual property, and other contractual rights and obligations.
- Deployment of appropriate processes and practices in line with industry best practices and for streamlining the business.
- Pre-litigation documentation such as notices and responses to notices pertaining to LIV.
- Preparation of submissions to policy papers, consultation papers, etc., issued by MEITY, MIB, TRAI (OTT related), etc.
- Assist in collaborating with IAMAI/independent body.
Educational & Work Experiences:
- LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India.
- PQE of 8-10 years [legal experience] (with several years of experience at leading global law firm(s) and/or in-house at major multinational corporations), preferably with some portion of that experience in commercial transactions and intellectual property issues (as mentioned below).
- 7+ years experience on transactions for OTT / any digital platform.
To apply for this Job : Click Here