Established in 1897, the Godrej Group has its roots in India’s Swadeshi movement. Our founder, Ardeshir Godrej, lawyer-turned-serial entrepreneur failed with a few businesses, before he struck gold with the locks business that you know today. One of India’s most trusted brands, with revenues of USD 4.1 billion, Godrej enjoys the patronage of over 750 million Indians across our consumer goods, real estate, appliances, agri and many other businesses. You think of Godrej as such an integral part of India that you may be surprised to know that over 25 per cent of our business is done overseas.
- Has hands on experience in handling real estate transactions independently including (a) drafting of joint venture agreements, development agreements, conveyance deeds, lease deeds, LLP Deeds, General power of attorney, etc.; (b) negotiations with the opposite party for finalization and closure of transactions; and (c) title and transaction risk identification along with ability to provide suitable mitigations.
- Has in depth knowledge of land (Maharashtra) and has handled title due diligence and/or conducted title search in respect to the land and has complete knowledge of revenue / land records in the state of Maharashtra.
- Is proficient with structuring of real estate transactions such as joint ventures, LLP structure, entity take over, collaboration agreements, etc.
- Has hands on experience in handling customer related issues including (a) drafting of application forms, allotment letters, buyer’s agreements, conveyance deeds, maintenance agreements, etc.; and (b) handling disputes raised by the customers and/or in relation to the projects.
- Has hands on experience in research work and is proficient in working on various legal software.
Drafting Agreement-Deal related agreements
- In house Drafting of various legal documents like: development agreement, term sheet, share purchase agreement, shareholder agreements, agreement to sell, power of attorney, affidavits, indemnity, service / sales agreements, etc.
- Follows up with HO for approvals on all draft agreements
- Gets inputs from the marketing team for preparing the customer agreements for new projects.
- Draft allotment letter, agreement for sale, possession letter, schedule of payments, notices, etc.
- Assesses specific requirements put forth by individual customers and finalizes the customer agreement.
Facilitates the entire process of Stamp Duty and registration of the legal documents.
- Provides required documents to customers such as documents required during filing for housing loans / addition of name of spouse/ transfer of property to another buyer
- Advises customer on stamp duty and other relevant regulations.
- Provide timely advise to other departments on concerns / queries having a legal impact.
- Examine contracts made by Contracts team to provide legal controls and checkpoints.
Generate a knowledge repository for updates on laws, regulations, ordinances, by- laws relating to real estate industry and make the same available to the team.
To apply for this Job : Click Here