DBS, a leading financial services group headquartered in Singapore, operates across 18 markets. We are an Asia-centric commercial bank focused on harnessing the region’s long-term potential as the centre of economic gravity shifts eastwards to Asia.
Job Purpose :-
This position exists to help business and support units on legal and regulatory matters. It is expected to provide legal guidance, assist on documentation requirements and managing litigation filed against the Bank, support legal administration and integration activities, and help in managing legal risk.
- Business Enabler – Provide pragmatic and effective legal advice using research tools and interpretation skills to manage legal risk and achieve business objectives. Be a business partner to each business team/support team and establish close working relationship with them. Manage and build relationships with external legal advisers, including ensuring high performance levels and appropriate billing. Co-ordinate with external legal advisers and internal functions and departments in effective management of suits filed against the Bank
- Drafting and Negotiation – Assist in the review and negotiation process of contracts, letters of agreement, policies and other documents related to banking products and operational matters. Effectively manage outsourcing contracts and mortgages. Ability to innovate & standardize documents to make them customer friendly is crucial.
- Anticipate and manage legal risk – Identify, evaluate and address issues of legal risk in transactions related to retail banking products & services, institutional banking products & services, Global Trade Services, Priority Sector lending, real estate, human resources, and technology services.
- Customer Focus – Participate in the development of transparent and legally sound process and policies. Conduct risk reviews and develop procedures designed to reduce legal risk. Develop trust and strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Think Strategically – Keep the team and units updated on changes in law.
Job Duties & responsibilities :-
- Develop good understanding of consumer / retail banking products, Institutional Banking products & services , Global Trade Services and Priority Sector lending.
- Provide day-to-day legal support in the form of advisory and legal documentation to consumer banking products &services, institutional banking products & services, Global Trade Services, Priority Sector lending and support units of the Bank .
- Handling all types of lending and borrowing transactions, drafting, reviewing, analysing and negotiating the facility and security documents and advising on various legal issues in day to day matters
- Advise, draft, vet and negotiate on GTS transactions, Cash Management arrangements and Escrow arrangements
- Support in vetting contracts like NDAs, service contracts, leases, outsourcing contracts, partnership agreement etc
- Reviewing Title search report and providing legal support for mortgage related queries and documentation
- Annual review of the standard documentation and simplifying and standardizing the documents and setting up of processes for streamlining the day to day queries of business and support units.
- Responsible for providing guidance on handling suits against the Bank, customers complaints, vetting response to complaints to senior management, responding to notices from regulators/authorities, vetting legal notices, managing consumer litigation, conduct legal training for front office staff. Provide advisory to Stressed Asset management team and draft and review OTS, restructuring documents etc.
- Adhere to the legal risk management policies of the Bank at all times and any prescribed legal standards.
- Be the key player in organising the legal matters and administration of legal policies and processes
- Identify and highlight legal risks appropriately while providing mitigating solutions
- Liaise with consultants/law firms and advocates
Required Experience :-
- Experience in managing branch banking, retail/consumer banking, institutional banking products & services , Global Trade Services and Priority Sector lending related legal issues
- Good understanding about the working of a legal department.
- Good knowledge of RBI guidelines and banking practices related to retail and corporate customers
- Ability to analyse and effectively communicate
- Customer focussed.
To apply for this Job : Click Here