DBS, a leading financial services group headquartered in Singapore, operates across 18 markets. We are an Asia-centric commercial bank focused on harnessing the region’s long-term potential as the centre of economic gravity shifts eastwards to Asia.
- To provide legal support and assistance in relation to consumer banking business of the Bank.
- Provide pragmatic and effective legal advice to manage legal risk in respect of consumer banking secured and un-secured lending products.
- Prior experience in advising credit card portfolio will be preferred.
- Assist in advising on various strategic partnerships of the Bank including drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documentation.
- Participate in the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to reduce legal risk and/or increase the efficiency of the team.
- Proactively advise on and help to manage important changes in law and regulation.
Job Duties & responsibilities
- Embed the Legal Risk and Principle Risks Standard in the business and ensure that the policies are adhered to.
- Provide legal advice to business and support units as required, to ensure that legal issues are identified and resolved, and that legal risk is managed appropriately within DBS India
- Resolution of queries in relation to products and services offered by the Bank specifically CBG business.
- Responsible for handling branch banking queries and providing day to day support to various business units and support functions in all aspects
- To draft/ vet/ review various types of agreements/documents including Outsourcing Agreements, NDA’s, etc and also support the various business units on any kind of Legal documentation.
- Responsible for providing assistance and handling customers complaints, notices from regulators/ authorities, etc
- Qualified lawyer with post qualification experience in banking law or other related areas of law.
- Experience in handling credit card product
- Good academic grounding
Education / Preferred Qualifications
- A Graduate with LLB/ LLM or other recognized legal degree with at least 5 to 7 years work experience in Retail Banking.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels, especially drafting & writing skills
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Attention to detail & Tenacious
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions;
- Should have a stable mindset to handle issues & also be able to think through a problem.
- Should be able to identify and forecast legal & compliance risks / rewards, in line with proposed business growth & find solutions
- Financial knowledge of banking and financial services law
- Strong technical ability & ability to grasp new technical areas of law very quickly
- Knowledge on BCSBI (Banking Codes & Standards Board of India)
- Knowledge on all related laws in India especially laws governing RBI, SEBI, IRDA, AMFI, etc.
- Sound knowledge of the overall banking environment
- Must have overview of the applicability of various statutes/ laws applicable
To apply for this Job : Click Here