Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for MasterCard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law and Franchise Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the MasterCard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Specialist/Sr. Specialist, Contract Services serves on a team of contract negotiators within the broader GBSC Legal Services team. Reporting to the Director, Contract Services, this position will perform end to end contract services and be accountable for delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results.
- Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
- Are you committed to customer service?
- Do you enjoy solving legal and business problems?
- Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.
- You will perform end to end contract preparation and execution processes for assigned portfolio of transactions, beginning with receipt of requests for contract generation through contract signature
- Receive contract requests and conduct triage to ensure adherence to established business policies, processes and procedures
- Review, draft and negotiate routine vendor and commercial contracts including confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, software license agreements and related support service agreements, consulting services agreements, and other agreements routinely used in financial and information technology service sectors
- Ensure that all agreements are prepared, revised and executed in consultation with the business unit client and other subject matter experts, and in accordance with approved policies and playbooks
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Provide superior customer service according to the GBSC standards in terms of quality, response time, resolution time and adhering to Service Level Objectives
All About You
- LLB graduate
- Solid legal and business acumen, sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders to negotiate and confirm legal and business contract terms
- Intermediate negotiation skills
- Ability to recognize when to escalate and when to exercise independent judgement and discretion in reviewing/ negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated strength in customer focused service orientation
- Knowledge of US, European, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, or other non-Indian legal systems and business practices a plus
To apply for this Job : Click here