UnitedLex is the go-to leader in optimizing legal and accelerating business through digital agility. The world’s most forward-thinking businesses, law departments, and law firms rely on the company’s expertise in over 25 global jurisdictions. Founded in 2006, the team includes 3,000 legal, engineering, and technology professionals with major operations in 18 countries.
- Advise Customer Requestor on proper contract template selection, clause inclusion, and other contract authoring related questions.
- Create the initial contract draft using approved Customer templates for contract types where Customer Legal is responsible for contract assembly, if necessary.
- Advise Customer Requestor on clause inclusion, modifications and other contract authoring related questions.
- Modify the initial contract draft to align with Customer’s template language where Customer Legal is responsible for contract assembly, if necessary.
- Provide on-going negotiation assistance to align language to Customer standards.
- Review counterparty mark-ups consistent with approved playbooks and delegations of authority, and accept, reject, or propose alternative positions as appropriate.
- Support counterparty negotiations and advise Customer Requestor on risk-based decisions.
- Conduct a final contract review.
- Confirm compliance with standards (e.g., TPO clauses included per risk rating)
- Bachelor of Law degree
- At least 3+ years post qualification experience in either global corporation’s legal department, contract management department or within a law firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the local language (if applicable) and English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other professionals in the legal department and business teams
- Detail-oriented with judgment and analytical skills
- Demonstrate ability to think outside the box.
- Proficiency in personal time management and adhering to deadlines. Proactively manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, build relationships with other business functions (legal, finance, compliance etc.).
- Experience in contract and commercial drafting, contract assessment & stakeholder (internal or external) engagement.
- Ability to provide guidance/interpretation on existing contract provisions.
- Demonstrable knowledge and judgment about contractual and commercial risks/issues in transactions and commercial contracting.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamental legal provisions of commercial contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and other productivity and collaboration tools. Experience in using contract management lifecycle software, procurement software, CRM software and workflow / case management software preferred.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Work location is Gurugram, Haryana and any employees hired outside of Delhi NCR will be entitled to relocation benefits as per UnitedLex’s policies.
- Operate in a work window of 9 hours between 8:30am IST and 10:30pm IST, depending on clients’ requirements for having certain amount of overlap in shift timings.
- Stretch occasionally to meet client requirements.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Adhere to UnitedLex and Client confidentiality and information security policies.
- COVID work environment: This is a work from office role, however, given the COVID19 company policies, the resource may be required to work from home. In such an event, the employee must have a quiet workspace and a broadband connection with a minimum of 4mbps speed.
- Telephone and broadband reimbursement as per company policy.
- All specific company policies to apply without exception.
- Compulsory adherence to ISO/IEC 27001: 2013 guidelines.
To apply for this Job : Click Here