Our sole purpose as a company is to make people enjoy the confidence of beauty easily. Urbanic is an emerging London based fashion brand creating and bringing the fashion that sustains the idea of inclusivity. Today, Urbanic remains independent and dedicated to upgrading the lives of individuals, aimed at better beautifying consumers with our inhouse data science and AI technologies. Moving towards a fully developed AI space and bringing new styles and trends each day to keep up with the ever changing fashion needs.
Core team member and the legal strategic head
Contribute towards leading and building the legal function, servicing the internal operations, and aiding smooth commercial operations, while alleviating corresponding legal risks.
Key responsibilities for the role :
- Experience with big ticket transactions, from the term sheet to the closing stage. Legal acumen to understand the commercial sensitivities and provide bespoke legal solutions, and structure deals. Relevant experience to lead the legal due diligence, and undertake drafting of the corresponding documents, such as term sheets, investment agreements, and MOUs.
- Ability to manage the internal housekeeping of the Company, and to this end, undertake review and drafting of commercial contracts such as vendor contracts, brand licensing franchisee contacts, non- disclosure agreements. Further, provide advice as regards the privacy, e- commerce, IP and information technology law applicable on the Company from time to time and safeguard the Company against the corresponding legal risks.
- Liaise with third party vendors for the compliance to be undertaken by the Company. Further, have basic knowledge of the compliances to be undertaken by the Company, and keep up to date as regards the applicable regulatory framework.
- Ability to lead and structure employee compensation packages, and preferably have working knowledge of employee stock options and other employee benefit schemes.
- Develop a commercial understanding of the business and each product line for risk assessment including what is mandatorily required under various regulations for e-commerce/ retail.
- Undertake standardization of templates while prescribing negotiable and non-negotiable clauses basis risk categorization and type of contracts.
- Provide expert strategic legal advice on various aspects of the business to management on optimizing the contracting process, stamping, e-sign, repository access etc.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action as the business has PAN India operations and offices, and have the ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks, identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Communications with relevant counterparties / external counsels for contract finalization.
- Systematize the complete contracting process, turn-around- time expectations.
- Build relevant legal operation and processes required for smooth functioning of the Company.
- Keep abreast of legislative change maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation to continue to improve contract versions.
- More than 5 years post-qualification experience in corporate law. Exposure to e-commerce is preferred
- Have strong drafting and communication skills
- Candidates having experience in global/cross-border transactions (including MA / joint ventures/restructurings) will be preferred.
- Overall good legal knowledge (corporate law, employment laws, business laws, data privacy practices, information security standards, etc). Exposure to regulatory compliance is preferable but not mandatory.
- Expectations other than qualification technical experience:
- Committed and ready to work under pressure
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, excellent judgement, analytical skills good interpersonal skills.
- Good Negotiation skills and general commercial acumen
- Growth mindset
To apply for this Job : Click Here