For over 200 years, JPMorgan Chase & Co has provided innovative financial solutions for consumers, small businesses, corporations, governments and institutions around the world.
- Provide general support to legal teams servicing WM EMEA and APAC, in particular, the lending businesses.
- Review, draft and advise on account documentation, including powers of attorney, non-disclosure agreements, credit lending agreements, trust agreements, entity authority documents (e.g. corporate resolutions, by-laws, partnership agreements), estate documentation (e.g. death certificates, wills), and retirement account documents.
- Provide legal support in connection with account opening processes, legal review of inter-affiliate and third party outsourcing arrangements.
- Provide legal support on legal, regulatory and cross-border aspects of credit offerings, including Lombard lending, mortgages and bilateral and syndicated structured financing solutions to a regional client base, including individuals, personal holding companies, trusts, charities and partnerships.
- Coordinating with local counsel in various jurisdictions on legal and regulatory issues for lending transactions and for the private banking business generally.
- Drafting or editing certain customer facing communications.
- Assist with completing legal and market research, and assisting senior team members with a wide range of business requests and regulatory projects.
- Updating account agreements, customer-facing documents, and disclosures, including reviewing legal requirements for new provisions.
- Working on special projects outside of normal responsibilities.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organisation. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in legal practice.
- Excellent legal research skills. Experience with Westlaw or similar services preferred.
- Credit, Lending, or Banking transaction experience preferred.
- As this is a high-touch role, the attorney candidate must be a team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with attorneys and business stakeholders and control functions (for example, Compliance and Credit Risk).
- Strong analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, practical and skilled at issue-spotting and problem-solving.
- Self-starter who is able to work collaboratively in a high performing team, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is results-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Knowledge of EMEA and/or APAC financial services law, banking and finance and processes preferred.
- Experience studying or working in a common law jurisdiction.
To apply for this Job : Click Here